Musings in Granada and elsewhere

Typical American college student in Granada Spain. These are my adventures, thoughts and stories.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cada Dia Mas Aqui que Alli, United States

I travel often.

Friday, April 07, 2006

Otra vez Bellville trio!

Tonight I went out with my friend patrick to see the Bellville trio again. I met Patrick randomly in a plaza on monday, and we went to Picaro on wednesday, so I figured if he liked jazz, he´d like the bellville trio. We got there at about 10pm, when it was supposed to start, but of course since we are in Europe (and this is not a bad thing) it didn´t really start until 11:30. So we sat in the bar and had some wine and tapas, and then I noticed that the only other people in the bar were the members of the band. So I strike up a conversation with one of the guitarrists. He was surprised and happy when I mentioned that I knew Stefan Grappelli´s works and even more surprised when I mentioned that I played jazz violin. It was very cool. Eventually Laney, Sara, Matt, Rob, Sophie and the rest showed up, and the bar filled up. The show was incredible, as usual. As much as I enjoy watching flamenco in the caves, it´s also quite nice to be able to watch a form of music that you know you understand fully. During the intermission I spoke with the guitarrist a little more, and mentioned that I wanted to see them next tuesday, but the cover was a bit expensive (5 euros). So he told me he´d put me on the list so i could get in for free. I don´t really believe that he´ll remember my name, but we´ll see!

This weekend is the start of our spring break. i think i´m going to Nerja with Celia on saturday. I´m kind of excited because I haven´t been to costa del sol yet. So it should be a cool experience.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home