Musings in Granada and elsewhere

Typical American college student in Granada Spain. These are my adventures, thoughts and stories.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cada Dia Mas Aqui que Alli, United States

I travel often.

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Fisherman's wife 5/27/06

Woke up on an abandoned beach at dawn, wind shaking the liner off our tent. The sun barely peaking over the jagged cliffs and rocks to our east. The stars last night were incredible, so low and clear as if you might bump your head on one of them if you were not careful. "Orion is on the southern horizon" Said michale. I don't know whwat that means, but the warrior is facing south. Significant? Ran into a nomatic fishing family to ask for directions. Portoguese but spoke french too. Lucky for usm Michael can speak a ton of languages. They looked so peafceful and happy, eating a bucket of snails and fish that they no doubt caught earlier that day. I wonder if I would be able to do that. To marry a nomadic fisherman and travel up and down the atlantic coast with our family. What a simpler lifestyle that would be , but imagine all the things we would see, all the clifs and sunsets and dawns underlined by frozen blue water. No doubt I'd miss the lighstyle of american consumerism. Nice clothes, tv, restaurants, but perhaps by losing them I could gain something more. Then again, maybe not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home