Musings in Granada and elsewhere

Typical American college student in Granada Spain. These are my adventures, thoughts and stories.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cada Dia Mas Aqui que Alli, United States

I travel often.

Friday, June 09, 2006

Last day

Ran into Ana (the flamenco teacher) on the street on my way to her studio. Needed to say goodbye. Spent the whole afternoon with her. Talked about leaving. She really understood what I mean when I say that I don’t really feel at home anywhere, but granada is the closest thing to it. It was like all of my life something was missing and when I arrived in granada, it helped me figure some things out. But I don’t know if I got it all solved yet. In fact I’m pretty sure that I have a lot more to discover. Met some of her new students. I’m so envious of them, they have all of granada to explore. I let them in on a couple of things about granada, where to go who to meet etc. it was really funny to talk to them because they all thought my spanish was really good (it’s not). There was one girl who couldn’t understand ana and the shock of it all made her really uncomfortable, so much so that she started to cry. I told her not to worry, that when I first moved in, I couldn’t understand anyone either. “Poco a poco” is definitely the key phrase.. It’s weird to think that I used to be like that, too ashamed to speak, too scared to ask someone to esplain. Now I’m just really more open about it, because I really want to learn. I’d say it was a beautiful way to spend my last hours of daylight in granada.
I can't believe tomorrow I will be in the states. I want to hug this city, to make it feel my presence before I go. But my arms aren't big enough, and I know that I will miss it more than it will miss me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home